Who We Are
EarlyON Child and Family Centres are open to all families in Ontario. They are welcoming places that offer a range of services and resources, where you can:
- Connect with other families with young children;
- Find new baby support and parenting workshops;
- Engage in activities such as play and exploration, storytelling, and creative expression;
- Get advice from professionals to support child development, nutrition, positive guidance strategies and more;
- Find out about other family services in your community
Many programs are offered on weekdays, evenings and weekends to be responsive and fit the needs of families.
EarlyON Child and Family Centres are funded by the Province of Ontario. The City of St. Thomas, as the service manager designated by the Province of Ontario, is responsible for the local management of EarlyON in St. Thomas-Elgin. EarlyON programs and services in the region are delivered by three service providers:
- Tiny Tots Co-Operative Nursery School of Aldborough Inc. (Dutton-Dunwich, West Lorne and Rodney);
- YMCA of Southwestern Ontario (St. Thomas, Central Elgin and Southwold); and
- Community Living Elgin (Aylmer, Bayham and Malahide).
What to Expect at an EarlyON Program
EarlyON child and family programs and services can vary greatly from one location to another. Some programs may be offered in brick-and-mortar spaces, such as schools or community centres, other programs may “pop up” in local parks or temporary spaces to meet specific community or programming needs, and virtual programs are also available. Children, parents, and caregivers can expect a common set of core services regardless of which location they attend.
- A welcoming environment that is open to children aged 0-6 years with their caregiver;
- All expecting parents, parents, caregivers and home child care providers have access to high quality services that support them in their role;
- All children have access to inclusive, play and inquiry-based learning opportunities to improve their developmental health and well-being;
- Local service providers collaborate in an integrated way to meet the needs of children and families and actively engage parents and caregivers in contributing in meaningful ways.
Health and Safety Protocols
- Prior to attending an EarlyON program, if you or anyone in the household are feeling unwell, please do not attend.
- Hand Hygiene: Follow good hand hygiene by using hand sanitizer and hand washing using soap and water.
- We promote a nut-free environment, however we cannot guarantee that our programs are free of all allergens.
- We require clean footwear for all indoor programs.